The Religious Education Program of Saint Thomas More Parish is based on the teachings of the Catholic Church as expressed in her official documents and pronouncements. In accordance with the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the teachings of the Magisterium must be the groundwork of the Camden Diocese. All materials, therefore, within and outside the program, must be submitted to the Coordinator of Religious Education for approval. The following is the curriculum outline for Saint Thomas More Parish.
LEVEL I - Eucharist and Reconciliation
Grade 1 - God Loves Us
- Jesus Teaches Us About God’s Love
- We Are Followers of Jesus
- We Belong to the Church
- We Celebrate and Live Our Faith
Grade 2 - Jesus Shares God’s Life
- Jesus Christ is with Us Always
- Jesus Calls Us to Penance and Reconciliation
- Jesus Gives Himself in the Eucharist
- We Live Our Catholic Faith
LEVEL II - Catholic – Christian Knowledge
Grade 3 - We Are the Church
- Jesus Gives Us the Church
- We Are Members of the Church
- The Church Leads Us in Worship
- We are Called to Discipleship
Grade 4 - God’s Law Guides Us
- Growing in Jesus Christ
- The Commandments Help Us to Love God
- The Commandments Help Us to Love Others
- We are Called to Holiness
Grade 5 - We Meet Jesus in the Sacraments
- Jesus Christ Shares His Life with Us
- Confirmation and Eucharist Complete Our Initiation
- The Sacraments of Healing Restore Us
- We Love and Serve as Jesus Did
Grade 6 - We Are God’s People
- Forming the Covenant
- Building the Covenant Nation
- Redefining the Covenant People
- The Covenant Fulfilled in Jesus
LEVEL III - Catholic Commitment - Confirmation
Grade 7 - We Live Our Faith as Disciples of Jesus
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- How is Jesus Christ Alive in the Church Today?
- How Does the Church Live as the Body of Christ?
Grade 8 - We Live Our Faith as Members of the Church
- How Do We Nourish God’s Gifts of Faith?
- Who are Our Ancestors in Faith?
- How Can the Church’s Heritage Give Us Hope?
- What Does It Mean to Be Catholic?